Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What pain looks like

I mentioned in an earlier post that Samantha is being weaned off her chemo meds. It isn't going as well as Samantha would like. She was hoping to be done with them forever. But her body is starting to go into a flare. I took this picture of her this afternoon (after school).
She woke up on Monday barely able to move her head because her neck hurt so badly. The pain is still hurting her today. On Tuesday when she woke up with her neck pain she told me that her wrist and ankles hurt her also. She said she thought she slept funny on them but I knew that wasn't the case. I talked to her Ped. Dr.'s office and they told me to ice and then put heat on the spots (plus Tylenol). Then if the pain was still there the next day to call her Dr. at Dorenbacher.
So, I have a call into her dr. up in Portland.
Samantha has a hot water bottle on her neck and a heating pad on her ankle. After the ice and then the heat she felt a little better. She is going to youth group tonight so she is hoping she can play the games when the time comes.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:49 AM , Blogger StephieAnne said...

Poor thing - how miserable, and defeating. I hope she's feeling better and you get some good guidance from the docs up north.

Changing subjects - cool pictures of sitting in the suite at the Duck game - I bet that was just a little bit warmer than where we sat!

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger Gombojav Tribe said...

{{{{HUGS}}}} for Samantha and all of you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home